You can create your virtual visiting cards on Google Search. It is very simple just type “add me to Search” or search your name and click on get started. You can also edit and update your virtual visiting card.
Google introduced People Card on virtual mode. users search for your name and your virtual card will appear in front of them. Even if you are not famous, your presence will be there for them who are actually want to know about you.
This new Search feature will help the world find millions of Self-employed individuals, Bloggers, YouTubers, Entrepreneurs, prospective employees and freelancers etc.
“For people in India searching on mobile phones, people cards are rolling out in English starting today.”Lauren Clark, Product Manager, Google Search dated 11th August 2020.
You can share basic information about yourself and your work including social media profiles. In Google virtual visiting card (add me to Search), you will be able to provide the following 11 details:
- Social Profiles
- Phone Number
Create your public profile Online: When people search for you on Google, now you can show them your virtual visiting card with your profile photo.
Google Search goal is to always make sure people can find useful and reliable information. Therefore, Google have a variety of protections and controls in place to maintain the quality of information on people cards.
For security reason, Google allow only one people card per Google Account and a phone number is required to authenticate the account. Additionally, if you no longer want your people card to appear in Search, you can delete it at any time.
Add me to Search – How to Create Virtual Visiting Card?
It is very simple to create virtual visiting card on Google Search. Just follow these online process to make People Card on Google:
Step-1: Visit www.google.com from your mobile device and login to your Google Account.
Step-2: Search your personal name or the term “Add me to Search“.
Step-3: Click on button Get started.
Step-4: In the opened window select your country from drop-down menu and enter your mobile number and click on Next to Verify phone number.
You will receive six digit code to verify your number. You may click on re-send code if you won’t receive your verification code from Google.
Don’t worry, this number wouldn’t be shown publicly. You can choose to display either this or another number on your virtual card. However, you need to verify unique phone number to create your virtual visiting card on Google search.
Step-5: Now, you provide your details to create Virtual Visiting Card on Google search. You may change your Avatar (Profile Photo) to be shown on people card.
You may highlight the following information on your virtual visiting card:
- Name: Enter your name which is mandatory requirement.
- Location: Enter your current location including City and State. Location is compulsory.
- About: You can provide information about yourself within limit of 350 characters. It is also mandatory field.
- Occupation: You are required to tell about your employment detail here. You may write here as Insurance Agent, Freelancer, entrepreneur and self-employed etc. as applicable to you.
- Website: If you have your own website or blog, you can enter here to help people know more about you.
- Work: This is optional to say about your working details here.
- Education: You may provide your qualification details.
- Hometown: It is optional to let know people about your hometown.
- Social Profiles: You may inform searchers about your social media profiles including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest etc.
- Email: If you want people to contact you through email, you may make your email address public. However, you can not change your email id otherwise you have to login with that email you want to show in public.
- Phone Number: You may choose to display your contact number publicly. You have option to display another number for public use.
Step-6: Click on Preview to see how your search card will look and finally click on save button to make live your virtual visiting card on Google search.
Generally, people search for famous person on Google and find knowledge panel about well-known personalities in the world. Google shows information about famous people from trusted sources including Wikipedia, websites and social profiles.
But, if you search for people who are not famous then you will get information about famous person with same name i.e. other than people you are searching for. You will see details about many people who share the same name. That means it’s not always easy to find exactly the same person that you’re looking for on the internet.
You can now build up your own online presence as a business professional, teacher, performer, musician, comedian etc.
Google uses a number of mechanisms to protect against abusive or spammy content, and if you come across low quality information or a people card that you believe was created by an impersonator, you can tap the feedback link to let Google know.
If you’re trying to find someone on Search, these new cards make it quick and easy to find the right person. When you search for someone’s name and there’s a card available, you’ll see a module with the name, profession and location, which you can tap to see their card.
For people who share the same name, you’ll see multiple modules, and the information can help you distinguish between the different individuals to find who you’re looking for.